Re: [Spits] 79 Spitfire with SU carbs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] 79 Spitfire with SU carbs
From: Neil Penberthy <npenberthy@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:12:14 -0700 (PDT)
I'd suggest checking that you have the right needle. Also you mentioned some
modification to the motor - head skimming - relatively small changes to the
stock set up can require non standard needles etc. The exhaust was swapped on
my car and with the stock needles it would barely run.

Also was the head work done at the same time as the carb install? There may be
all kinds of factors in play if that is the case. Assuming that the head work
is OK there can still be all kinds of unforeseen issues such as reversion
issues etc.

I think we need more information to really get to the bottom of you problem.

Good luck!

Neil