Re: [Spits] 79 Spitfire with SU carbs

To: Paul Meyer <paulfmeyer@msn.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] 79 Spitfire with SU carbs
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:25:34 -0500
I have been chasing similar problems for quite a while.  It never
occurred to me that the problem could be too high of fuel pressure.

What did you need to set the pressure at to make the car run correctly?
I stopped at Napa, they had one that could be adjusted 2 - 4 pounds and
one that could be adjusted 4-9 pounds.

Thanks,

Roger Elliott