Re: [Spits] Door handle gaskets

To: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Door handle gaskets
From: John Reynolds <jfreynolds_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
Roger,
I just made some gaskets from sheet rubber for my
1979. I was a terrible job since the gaskets are razor
thin in several critical areas. I finally mounted a
roughed out gasket and handle to an old door and cut
the outside shape with an X-acto knife. Results were
just OK. The fiber based gaskets sold by the usual
suspects are horrible and deteriorate quickly. The bad
news is that I saw a 121 mile 80 Spitfire at the VTR
Nationals and it had the fiber gaskets and they were
deteriorated. If you find a good source for gaskets,
let me know.
Best Regards,
John Reynolds