[Spits] Door handle gaskets

To: Spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] Door handle gaskets
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:22:16 -0500
Hi Everyone,

When I had the Spitfire repainted, I put new gaskets on.  Before I put
them on I painted them to seal out the moisture.  I don't remember now
if I used black paint or a rubberized coating.  They looked fine for a
while but soon started looking horrible, I assume from absorbing
moisture.  It seems like I remember a comment on this list a few years
ago about someone supplying rubber door gaskets.

Does anyone remember who that was?  If I can't find them I may by a
normal set of gaskets and cut my own out of rubber.

Thanks,

Roger