Re: [Spits] Early Spitty air cleaners

To: "Clark W. Nicholls" <cwn74@aol.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Early Spitty air cleaners
From: Bob Van Kirk <racerbob70@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:06:06 -0700 (PDT)
Clark,
  Well it looks like I have some learnin to do about
Spitfires.  I thought the 1 1/4' where from the euro
model, I stand corrected.  I am looking for the single
oval type of housing depicted in the VB catalogue
suitable for MK 1,2,3, it has 2 small round air
cleaners inside of it.  So what I meant to say is I
need the entire housing as I have nothing, nadda, zip,
zilch.  The only reason is I just like the looks of
this set up better then the cheap chromy things and
and don't like the cost of the K&Ns..
Thanks, Bob

--- "Clark W. Nicholls" <cwn74@aol.com> wrote:

> I thought the European setup was 1-1/2" SU's...
> If you have the 1-1/4" SU setup from a Mk3 Spitfire
> then yes.
> There are several style air cleaner elements
> depending if they're enclosed
> or out there in the air however.
> Do you have bare SU's looking for the complete
> cleaner setup, enclosure,
> cold air tubing, etc. or what?
>
> Clark
> Clark W. Nicholls