Re: [Spits] GT6 Commission Numbers

To: red_tr250@yahoo.com, spitlist@cox.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] GT6 Commission Numbers
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:21:33 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>

The owner is forthcoming about the gearbox & engine...said it's a MK2
engine & the tranny is not original, BUT i wasn't aware of the
windscreen tag...didn't know they did those on GT6s...though this one
is a '68...it might not be fitted.

==AM==
1969 was the first model year on "Federal" spec. cars for the
windshield tag.
==AM==

Only thing I can think of that "may" identify the proper commission
number aside from a windscreen tag would be the number on the
differential.  That could've been swapped too AND i'd have to pay for a
BMHT certificate just to find out...not worth it.

==AM==
I don't know if you'd necessarily get a diff. number on a BMIHT
certificate. On the other hand, you would likely get a body number.
That's a smaller tag that was painted originally, and it's a bit less
likely to have been swapped. But even that by itself won't tell you
much, especially whether or not the car originally was RH steering.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>