Re: [Spits] Transmission installation

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Transmission installation
From: Nick Moseley <nmoseley@dccnet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:50:33 -0700
I second that experience.
 (In my experience, trying to center it by eye almost never works.)

The last time I did this, the alignment tool that had been purchased since
the time before, had gone on walk-about. I used a 3 foot or so wooden dowel,
with rounds of masking tape where it went through the disk, and then used a
carpenters' square to get 90 degrees on the dowel at 12, 6, 3, and 9
o'clocks, getting the disk in the right spot. The correct tool would have
been much better, but at least this got the job done.
Hours and hours, and much back pain, had been of no avail.

Nick Moseley, NASS #278:
63-81 Spits, GT 6, Metro Vancouver B.C.