[Spits] Rear Height

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Rear Height
From: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
Fellow Listers;
This afternoon, I attempted to adjust the rear brakes on my '77 Spit.  When I
jacked up one side, I noticed that the wheel "tucked in" rather dramatically
(i.e., the bottom of the tire angled in toward the center of the
car...positive camber I believe).  This was so dramatic that the half-shaft
actually touched the frame and the wheel wouldn't spin properly.
Is this normal...or is this the classic sign of a sagging rear spring?
I have worked on the rear suspension recently (over the winter), in which I
installed a used differential.  While that was a long and involved repair,
nothing untoward happened with that.
Any advice/opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt Milkevitch'77 SpitfireWillow Grove, PA

Spitfires@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive