Mystery clip

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mystery clip
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 13:44:04 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bugeye experts, Concours judges, anyone who knows,

Noticed a little tidbit on my '59 Bugeye last evening.  Looking through the
grill inside the radiator shroud, I noticed a clip on the right side just
above the locating pins. I look very similar to the clip that holds the
auxiliary support bar in the storage position. There is not one on the left
side, but it appears as if there are holes to fasten one if there was.  At
first I thought it was the support bar clip, only relocated by the PO. I
quickly discounted this theory as the clip is held in place by pop rivets.
Small detail, but inquiring minds want to know!

Jeff Church
AN5L 11627

"I put instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost
 went back in time. "               - Steven Wright