Re: Brass Nuts

To: jphender@inav.net
Subject: Re: Brass Nuts
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 19:10:21 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

jphender@inav.net wrote:

> New twist:
>
> I ordered these brass nuts from VBL along with some other stuff.  Turns
> out 4 of the 6 they shipped are the wrong (coarse) thread.  I suppose the
> hardware stores might stock these.  I'll call around as soon as I work up
> the courage to ask some pretty young clerk: "Do you have BRASS NUTS?"
>
> The things I go through for that machine!
>
> Jim Henderson
>
> HAN9U78817G

Speaking of brass nuts.... The torque (from memory now) is 15 ft/lbs.An
excellant alternitive is stainless steel nuts, never rust, don't strip that
easily, come off time and time again. I've been using them for years, and
re-using the same ones. I long ago gave up on those silly brass nuts.
Not original but practical.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites