Re: 73 Midget Rheostat

To: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Subject: Re: 73 Midget Rheostat
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 19:15:45 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Look around on the edge of the knob until you find the little hole.  Stick
something like an icepick into this hole until you feel resistance, then
push some more while prying with the pick.  The knob should slide off.  It
is retained on the shaft by a spring loaded ball.  The dimmer knob we were
talking about earlier is retained the same way, but many folks find that it
takes blasting powder to get them off the shaft.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt."  -- Mark Twain