RE: Spark

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Subject: RE: Spark
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 14:28:55 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Should be fine, then - just double check that the infamous resistor wire
isn't hidden in the wiring harness.  Then you'd have double resistance, etc.
This made me remember that my MGB (a 1979 LE) has the resistor wire, it did
burn up, and I just connected the coil to another hot wire without a
resistor.  Been fine for the past 25,000 km's.  In fact, I connected it to a
lead that isn't switched by the ignition key, but is fed by the alternator,
so when I turn off the engine, the car keeps running until the field coil in
the alternator collapses and the alternator stops putting out voltage, which
can take a minute or more at times.  Gives the car some character!

Brian