Re: Distributors

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Distributors
From: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 18:06:29 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My 2 cents - Nothing - Unless there is an oiling slot that needs to line up,
as in some cars (some American + ?) or it has a cap that will point the
wires the wrong way (like my 67 Sprite with Lucas distributor).  This does
not apply to Larry Miller's particular distributor so Brian's answer is
absolutely correct for this specific application.  Just don't try this with
a Chevy or Pontiac V-8 or you may ruin the lower bushing in time.  If
unsure, look for an oiling slot in the distributor base (the part that
enters the engine) - these require a very specific orientation.

Regards,

Les Myer