distributors

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: distributors
From: tobisj@aud.alcatel.com (Shawn J. Tobin)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 97 08:37:17 CST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Folks,
Observed my points while cranking the engine over yesterday( no
windshield, dist cap off, turning the key with left hand, standing
on right side of car).  The points seem to jump about a bit causing the spark
to erratically change from yellow to blue and spit
one direction or the other.  What are the chances I will need a
new distributor to fix this?  can I pull it with the engine in
the car?

Mallory I know but Aldon?  How easy is it to get cap and rotor
and points for these?  Anyone ever used the Mallory with vacuum
advance?  Can I GET AWAY WITH JUST POINTS or is the breaker plate
gone wobbly?

Thanks
Shawn

PS I don't want electronic anything--I get enough of that at work