Sometimes it pays to be half Irish

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sometimes it pays to be half Irish
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 97 11:09:22 PST
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I had written last week that my Crackcase Pulley has seperated from
Metal fatigue, and I had like so many others decided to take advantage
of taking care of a few other things in the front of the motor. Whats
this got to do with luck? I drove the car aproximately 2 mile to my
friends house when he fixed it. In that time the crankcase nut (I've
never seen a replacement in a catalog) worked its way loose and and was
lying on the front cross member. The timing chain, crank and cam
sprocket, water pump, front seal all replaced perfectly, they were all
purchased from MOSS (however almost all manufactured in the UK). The
fresh air hose (on size fits all replacement) was another story, it was
extremely difficult to fix. After the holidays I replace the clutch and
who knows what that will lead me to? Question I have is the elbow shaped
thermostat housing would not seperate from the cylinder head. It is like
welded on, the material it is comprized of seems to be a aluminum
substance, anybody ever run into this before? (I'll order a new one and
find a way to remove this one) Any advice wwould be appreciated.

Thanks Fred Krampits
1963 Midget MK I (1098cg)