Re: Just how big IS a Sprite?

To: "Dave Brown" <davebrown1@earthlink.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Just how big IS a Sprite?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 97 11:00:24 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Fellow Spridgeteers,
>
>The muppet bugeye adventure begins next weekend when I travel to pick up
>the disassembled (dismembered?) '59 Sprite I bought two weeks ago.
>
>I want to rent a trailer I can pull with my minivan, so a full sized car
>trailer is out of the question (too big, too heavy.) The vehicle is
>dismantled, so a dolly is not a good option (I don't want to start
>restoration until I get it home.)
>
>I am not near enough to go measure the car, and I need a reliable
>answer, so I present this savvy panel with the question:
>
>"Will a bugeye fit in a 5'X12' (inner dimensions) open trailer?"
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Dave
>Palmdale, CA
> http://home.earthlink.net/~davebrown1/

Not sure of the actual dimensions, but I know smaller than a 79 (rubber
bumper) Midget. I have a friend that took one (79) from Wyoming to
Oklahoma in the back of a pickup truck. That's in the bed not on a
trailer. Dropped the tailgate off used a couple of 4x6's and drove,
carefully, into the bed. Unloading was the revesre of the above.
The point is if you have access to a pickup truck you may not need a
trailer.

Larry Macy
78 Midget