Re: Salvage yards

To: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Salvage yards
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:22:04 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Not really.
The late ones that use the four-bar-linkage hinges only have tapped plates
behind two of the mounting holes on each side.  The newer hinges only use
two of the four holes.
That means to use it on an older car, you have to somehow get the tapped
plate in there.
The other slight difference is the welded on tab that the hood prop mounts
to, but that is a minor problem.

Ulix

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Editors, Molecular Vision wrote:

> They're all the same except for badge holes.
>
> >Posted to both Jim and Spridgets list:
> >
> >On Thursday, 13 November 1997 at 10:41 Jim (jphender@inav.net) wrote:
> >
> >JIM>  [looking for a bonnet for] a '69 Sprite MKIV.  What Sprites and
> >Midgets are compatible?
> >
> >Response by RICH>  I am going to defer to the list on this one.  Anybody
> >want to answer?

> Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
> Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
> http://www.emory.edu/molvis