Re: extra lights

To: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BheightsNJ.ncr.com>
Subject: Re: extra lights
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:15:10 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Brinkmann, Gerry wrote:

> I would not bother adding extra lights to a Bugeye. Instead upgrade the
> current headlights.

Ditto.
But I would make sure that your stock lights are as bright as they can be.
You might have some marginal connections in your wiring.  To test this,
connect two wires directly from the battery to the headligts.  Do this at
night, looking at the road ahead of you.  When you connect the wires, do
you see noticably more?  If yes, go through your wiring and grounding
points or add a relais so that your present circuit is used only as the
"signal" and the lights get their juice from some new direct-from-battery
wiring.
If your wiring isn't up to snuff, new lights won't solve the problem
anyway and actually might cause the wiring to get really hot.
Good Light,
Ulix

> The best headlights replacements I have found are the Cibie "Z" beams. The
> pattern is superbe
> and the light beam is far superior to anything I have found. They are
> standard 55/75 watts so current
> consumption should be close to what you have now.
>
> They are however about $80/set and available in 7" round
>
> gerry

                                                           '67 Sprite