Re: no lead head

To: bobchamb@southwind.net
Subject: Re: no lead head
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:54:39 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

bobchamb@southwind.net wrote:

>                                 When looking for a 1275cc for the Bugeye, is
> there one which runs best on no-lead fuel?

the later low compression 1275s would be better on no lead gas but I am running
2 high and 1 very high compression 1275s on unleaded with no pinking problems.
Also the "no lead head" as the parts suppliers call it, well I rebuilt an engine
in 1983 and it is in it's 3rd Sprite. No valve problems. The only side effects I
can report on is a cleaner running engine, longer spark plug life, and maybe
less pollutants.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites