Re: Crankshaft nut

To: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Crankshaft nut
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:17:38 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Tyson Sherman wrote:

> How does one such as I go about removing the nut
> on the crankshaft pulley on my 73 Midget?  Better
> yet, where might I get a socket large enough.  I think
> it's 1- 5/16" but I can't find one anywhere.
> Thanks,
> Tyson Sherman
> http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman

I borrowed a socket and ratchet large enough form a guy who works in the
steel industry (assembling industrial ducts), so they are available. Had
to use a lot of heat and a lot of muscle to get the darn thing off.

You might try to borrow from your local mechanic, maybe slip him 10
bucks.

Good luck,

Daniel Thompson