bearing life?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: bearing life?
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 2 Apr 1998 15:11:30 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm currently rebuilding my 1275 and I wonder:  What is average bearing
life (mains and rod) in a stock 1275?  How much is that shortened by
building a hot street/autox motor (not a race motor)?

I'm trying to get into budgeting for long term ownership and maintenance
of my car and plan for overhaul expenses.  I get the impression that a
reasonably well-built A-series should last about 60k miles before needing
opened again.  Is that correct?  What fails first?
--
        Matt Liggett
        '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG