Some Assembly Required

To: Spridget List <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Some Assembly Required
From: jburruso@pacbell.net
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 07:49:19 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
First, I'd like to thank everyone on the list who has provided
invaluable advice on my car project.  I originally thought the list
would be helpful but I never thought that it would provide so much
support and a sense of community.  That being said...  I have a dilemma.

Even before my purchase of my BugEye, I was reading books about LBC
restoration.  Many were good but the best by far was  "How toRestore
British Sports Cars" by Jay Lamm.  Mr. Lamm makes a statement in the
book on page 14 that "restoring one (a LBC) from a mass of boxes is next
to impossible".  This was the one piece of advice that I chose to ignore
in my project since I bought a BugEye that essentially was in pieces.

The crux of my question is:  Is there a logical order of procedure when
restoring or refurbishing an LBC?  I guess my mechanical skills are
better than my organizational skills since I keep having to take one
thing off to install another.  In short,  What first? the body?  The
drivetrain? The suspension?  Any philosophies on this out there?

Thanks Again.
Joe Burruso
60 BugEye
AN5L26473