mystery valve buildup

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: mystery valve buildup
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 05:16:37 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello,

I posted two photos of the head off my engine at:

http://www.woozy.com/midget/head.html

There is an incrediable amount of buildup on the exhaust
valves for an head that only has 5-6 thousand miles on it.
The rattling sound that we thought was either a loose
seat or a bad bigend bearing was actually the crud on the
backside of exhaust valve #4 hitting the air injector.

If anyone has any ideas on how to avoid or lessen this
buildup I'd appreciate hearing from them. Maybe a
different gas or spark plug? There are more details
on that page as to the gas I've been using, etc.

Thanks,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC
1969 Midget