Re: NJ Tire Mounts

To: GMari58175 <GMari58175@aol.com>
Subject: Re: NJ Tire Mounts
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 10:10:34 -0700
Cc: raylynchnj@mindspring.com, mdlempert@worldnet.att.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> Ray,  We here in NJ (take that Bob Evans) are the luckiest

You know, George, when it comes to Sprites, I am going to surprise you
and agree with you 100% on this point.  When compared with other areas
of the country, we in California are not really involved with their cars
as those in the snow and rust belt.  Just look at the Austin-Healey Club
of America membership and local/regional clubs.  You will find them
everywhere from Alabama to New York to Nebraska to Michigan.  I am not
sure how many members it has nationally, but there are only 116 in
Calfornia, although it is the most populous state in th Union.  Although
California is home to the big gorilla of parts suppliers, there a dearth
of shops that work on English cars.

Why is there such a "lack of interest" in California.  Probably for the
same reason that so many people are drawn to California:  the weather
and the wide range of activities it offers.  People have too much to
choose from:  the beaches, the mountains, the deserts, the continual
organized sports programs from pre-school to professional, and drive-by
shootings and high-speed pursuits.  As a result, Californians don't seem
to have the time to invest in SECs (small English cars).  In the winter,
they don't need to find an activity to keep them busy such as highly
polishing wheel cylinders in their dank basement or garage.

There is a certain irony is this, since in Southern California we have
virtual year-around top-down weather that is the envy of so many.  But
you just don't see the SECs out there!  What a pity.  I would prefer
more top-down cars and fewer "sports" teams filled with such poor
sports.

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California