Austin-Healey Resource Book

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Austin-Healey Resource Book
From: Trummel <trummel@caa.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 98 16:23:06 -0400
Cc: GMari58175@aol.com, healeys@Autox.Team.Net, mdlempert@worldnet.att.net, raylynchnj@mindspring.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Bob,

Thanks for asking if the Austin-Healey Club USA has plans to
publish a membership list....indeed, we do.  In fact, it
will be much more than just a list of members.  So much
more, in fact, that we have named it the "Austin-Healey
Resource Book," and it will be sent to all members, as a
regular membership benefit, in about late May.

In addition to the membership list and club information
(club mission statement, club cooperation, club history and
bylaws, etc.) the Resource Book will also include two
additional important sections:

The "Austin-Healey Resources" section includes a description
of club services to help members make full use of their
membership benefits, contact info for the Concours Registry
members, contact info for other registries (Sprite, 100M,
Tri-Carb, Original Owners, and Modified Healeys), a list of
professional mechanics who offer free tech advice to
members, contact info for the British Motor Industry
Heritage Trust (BMIHT) and a list of the Healeys-related
books and manuals available at discount prices through the
club.

The "Austin-Healey Reference Data" section includes a
description of models and series, a list of some
commonly-used "unoffical names" for Healey models, an
explanation of car numbers with several examples of how to
decipher them (for example, what does the "U" in HBJ8U42986G
mean?), a discussion of the 100M, and production charts for
both big Healeys and Sprites, showing chassis number ranges,
dates built, and number produced.  That last section has
been prepared in cooperation with Anders Clausager, BMIHT
Archivist, and it represents the most current and accurate
available compilation of that data.

This 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" book will be a true reference book that
will come in handy for many things throughout the year,
including the contact info for your fellow club members --
the greatest resource of all!

We are excited about this new club benefit, and we believe
that members will be very pleased with the effort and
thought that has gone into it.  We see it expanding every
year to include even more reference/resource data to help
members maintain and enjoy Austin-Healeys -- the very
purpose of the club.

Cheers,
Reid