Over Driving the Clutch

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Over Driving the Clutch
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:03:04 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Help,

There was this thread running a few weeks ago about
folks pushing the clutch past the disengage point, and
having it re-engage, causing noisy gear changes.  Well, I
ignored that thread, thinking that my wife's problem
was the opposite, not being able to overcome the new
slave cylinder in the Datsun kit. Until my son stopped
by this weekend, and he couldn't shift the bugger either.
Then he pused the clutch gentler and guess what -- a
noiseless shift. I applied that to my wife's trouble, and
sure enough she can shift it now too.

Sooooo ... what happens when you clutch one of these too far
or too hard? Why/how does it re-engage?

chuck