Re: Miss at Idle

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Miss at Idle
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:21:17 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>>but what is the resistance range spec for plug wires
and for the coil wire?
--
        Matt Liggett  <<

I was thinking along the lines that if, like what hapened to me, you got
about 7K ohms in 3 wires and almost infinity ohms in the 4th, then you know
where you problem is.

As for hard numbers, let me quote from a Chilton's Dodge handbook:
"Replace any wires with excessive resistance (over 8000 ohms per foot for
suppression wire)......."

From "Tuneup and Troubleshooting" by Saturday Mechanic:

"If resistance is more than 30,000 ohms for cables up to 25 inches long and
50,000 ohms for cables longer than 25 inches, replace the cables."

FWIW, my new Bosch cables measured 2.5 to 3K ohms before I put them on.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Happy Motoring,    Adrian