Re: Wrinkle paint

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wrinkle paint
From: "Dave, ...... just Dave" <dfox@blarg.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:06:40 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks for the help with sources and techniques with regards to my dashboard
refinishing project.
 I found the paint locally (thanks Ulix) and followed the procedure
everyone recommended (printed on the can too :-)) and shazam ! One wrinkled
dash.
Who would have believed there was enough sun in Seattle to wrinkle paint ???
 My only words of warning would be:
Be careful when applying the coats. The instructions say apply 3 HEAVY coats
but the paint is VERY thin. My finish suffered a few runs because I put too
much on. :-(
I'll probably re-do it in the fall when I start the body work. I'm really
just trying to get her running
and back on the road (save the cosmetics for later) but I got side tracked
when I had to remove and rewire
my tach. and replace a few switches. Just couldn't bring myself to put that
beat up old dash back in.

Dave
'67 Midget (appears to be snapping out of the coma)