Bugeye grille fasteners

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bugeye grille fasteners
From: hello39@idt.net
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:53:34 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have to wonder if someone has found a fasteners out there that holds
the bugeye grille inplace and can be removed occassionally without
destroying the clip or the tap on the grille.
I am considering measuring the diameter of the pins and possibly
threading them
with a 8/32 die and using a nylon nut or a jam nut that won't vibrate
loose.
Another thought was a small electrical wire nut that is slightly tapered
but might
grab the end of the tab and slowly tighten itself as you turn. Either
one would allow
the grille to be removed with minimal wear and distortion to the tabs.
Any one come up with a better way other than the original style clips?
Alan