Re: Oil Cooler Fit and Cleaning

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil Cooler Fit and Cleaning
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 30 Apr 1998 05:17:06 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daryl May wrote:
> 2.  How do you clean out an oil cooler and tubing that has been opened
> up to grime and dust and spiders for some time?

You don't.  How much is your engine worth?  Scrap that cooler.  In fact,
I'd scrap most any cooler of unknown parentage.  Who knows what sort of
accident may have exploded into its oil in the past.  With lots of little
bits just waiting to dislodge into your motor!
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG