Re: Townsend, TN, show results and Sprite Rush anticipation!

To: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Subject: Re: Townsend, TN, show results and Sprite Rush anticipation!
From: Valentine <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 12:09:08 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> Speaking of Sprite Rush, does anyone have a schedule of events?  We're
> planning to start driving on Sunday, arrive on Monday, and depart on Thursday
> evening or Friday morning.  I'd like to know what we might miss on Monday; it
> would give me the motivation to keep driving on Sunday night!
>
> See y'all there!
> Amy

Amy and List,

I asked Rick for a schedule of events and one of his elves responded
promptly with the information posted below.

Hope to see you all there!!!!

Kevin

PRIOR WEEKEND:  Fri. 5/8/98 - Sun. 5/10/98
_____Carlisle Import Show (Requires registration with CIS)
                          (717) - 243-7855 (Register early!)
_____ SPRITE Tent at CIS:  Visit/Final Sprite Rush '98 prep
                                 meetings
_____ 1969 Mk IV Sprite CIS Giveaway - Sun. 5/10/98 @ 4:00 pm

MONDAY 5/11/98
____am  -Open ALL DAYS: Registration/Regalia/Flea Mkt./Handicrafts
____pm  -Funkhana (Fun Driving Event)
____eve -Welcome Reception (Sprite Rush '98 Welcomes You!)
TUESDAY 5/12/98
____am  -Popular Car Show
____pm  -Autotest (Skill Driving Competition)
____eve -Tech Session/Elf Party (SPRITE Recognizes Helpers)
WEDNESDAY 1/13/98
____am  -Autocross (Solo Skill/Speed Competition)
____       -Concours for A.H. Sprites
                (Contact SPRITE Editor Rick Moses)
                (Year/Mark Sprite you wish to concours:______/______
____pm  -Rally (Time/Distance/Speed)
____eve -Honored Guest Panel Discussion
               - Auction (Spridget/Healey Items New and Old)
THURSDAY 5/14/98
____am  -En Masse Sprite Drive ( To Gettysburg Battlefield)
____pm  -En Masse Lunch
____eve -Gala 40th Anniversary Party

I am willing to: _____help out with:_________________________
                      _____hold a tech session on: ________________

Cost $49 registration (postmarked by 12/13/97)
$5 each additional car (only if competing for an award)
$8 each additional Adult (only if competing for an award)
$10 per person Gala 40th Anniversary Party

Make checks payable (US) to:  Sprite Rush '98 and send to;
Rick Moses, SPRITE Newsletters Editor
1421 E. Chocolate Ave.
Hershey, PA 17033 U.S.A.
(717) 534-2525 SPRITE Line/24 hr./day Answering Device/Fax
Call toll free in the U.S.A.,  1-(888) 5 SPRITE, 6-10 pm eastern time
Email   <Dr.Moses@juno.com>

                            ACCOMMODATIONS
Mention Sprite Rush '98 to receive our special room rate:
                $60 single, $64 double occupancy.
Embers Conventions Center, 1700 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013
(717) 243-1717
(800) 692-7315  PA only
(717) 243-6648  Fax