Reversing Lamp help -switch?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Reversing Lamp help -switch?
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 16:04:36 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Now that carbs are tuned my reversing lamps are refusing to behave well.
Here's the situation.  If I am in gear, any gear, they are on.  If I am in
neutral, they go off.  This is happening to both left and right
simultaneously.  A quick check of connections makes me think this isn't it
and the two working the same way makes me think switch.  I'm going to take
a look at that first.  I'll probably get to it before a list reply, but I
post in case a) that isn't it and b) I get stuck looking at the switch.

I started to take a look earlier, but then my wife offered my Midget for a
run to Home Depot so....   Never pass up a chance to drive; especially if
your wife suggests it.  :)  When I first started pulling the carpet away I
didn't find the opening to the gear box.  I assume it is back further than
I was looking.

I'll post results or lack thereof.  :)

Philip