more on exhaust question

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: more on exhaust question
From: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 05:03:21 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
hi all -

Thanks for the responses so far about my exhaust question.  It sounds like
I need to investigate possible leaks in the system (which I think I have
ruled out, but I'll re-check), possible valve problems, and timing.

A friend had helped me out with tuning the car last fall, and we advanced
the timing quite a bit.  I remember reading a few posts that suggested a
large advance for better performance.  Maybe we went too far?   Just how
many degrees of advance are optimal for a stock 1275?  I think I'll go
after that angle first.

Thanks,
Dustin Howarth
'73 Midget 'Margo'  GAN5UD128862 G