Re: Still more BCW! Day 2

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, "Mark Allen" <marka@infolane.com>
Subject: Re: Still more BCW! Day 2
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 13:13:26 -0400
Cc: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 5/28/98 11:46 AM so and so  Ulix Goettsch said. (And I quote)

>> Reid notes that the car draws positive comments at every stop.  This, is
>> spite of the fact that it is in dire need of a paint job and new interior!
>> These cars really do strike a chord with people!
>
>My experience is that you get almost more comments on a car that doesn't
>look perfect.  My theory is that the driver of a mint classic car is seen
>as somewhat of a potential snob who may not respond positively to a
>comment by passers-by.
>When my car is washed, I get comments mostly from
>drivers of
>
>    Ulix                                                    __/__,__
>.......................................................... (_o____o_)....
>                                                           '67 Sprite
Sheesh,
must be a really nice car if it get adores from "gold-plated Grand
Cherokees..."
At least when its warshed.
Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?