[no subject]

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, bugeye@dreamscape.com
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 06:13:56 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Not sure but I think you are correct in that the HS2 always had plastic
floats. The brass float rings were in the HS1 carbs someone might have
replaced them in the past. I have a couple sets of old HS2 carbs laying
around I will look at them tonight. As far as play in the throttle
shafts there should be none or air will leak past making it impossible
to balance and adjust the carbs properly. One of the main causes of
throttle shaft wear is having too heavy a throttle shaft return spring
causing undue load on the shaft.

>To: "spridgetlist" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
>
>Anyone,
>
>I have a very early MkII Sprite (AN6L722). I am working on the
carburetors.
>The carbs I have, have a tag AUC990 on the float chamber. They are 1
1/14
>inch carbs. I assumed they were HS2s. But upon opening the float
chamber,
>they have brass floats that are free floating in the chamber. I thought
all
>HS2s had the plastic floats attached to the chamber top. I have Haynes
SU