Re: Still more BCW! Day 3

To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: Still more BCW! Day 3
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 21:09:40 -0700
Cc: healeys@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Gary...

I am not so sure that I can agree with you on this one.  I don't think that any
amount of "pre-flight" on a 40-year old car is going to ensure a trouble-free
journey of 30 miles or 3,000.  Hey, mine couldn't when it was two-years old.
Today, however, we are confronted not only with old parts that can die quickly
or
suffer a lingering death, but also with new parts of suspect quality that can
fail
a day after installation. Or am I the only Sprite driver to experience the
failure
of crap?

No, I suspect that ALL those who love and drive these cars have hilarious
stories
to tell.  OK, they were not so funny at the time, but they certainly improve
with
age and retelling.

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California