Re: Transmission problem

To: tsherman@tecinfo.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Transmission problem
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 01:30:13 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Tyson:

>... The transmission is stuck in reverse, but rowing the lever
>doesn't seem to help as it doesn't feel like a regular
>transmission lever (I can't find any gears) ...

I had a similar problem with Miss Molly ('79 Midget, though):  a 15 cent
pin that connects the gear shift lever to the shifting arm in the
tailshaft broke.  Major PITA, but only because it costs so little, but
you have to go through so much to fix it.  I ended falling under the
spell of the old "... as long as I have it out, I might as well..."
curse.

RIch