RE: Midget 1500 Help

To: "'S. L. Hower'" <howersl@mailexcite.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Midget 1500 Help
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:32:59 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Scott -

RE: Clutch Master Cylinder.  Can it be done? Yes.  Is it worth the effort?
 Probably not, since you're probably going to want to go over the whole
thing sooner or later anyway.  I did mine once that way, then ended up
taking out the pedal box out later to clean things up and lubricate the
pedals.  (If you are determined to do it, I ended up using a small cold
chisel to cut a notch in the nut, then tap it in the "loosen" direction
until I could flick it off with a screwdriver.)

RE: Fuel Pump.  Wouldn't surprise me, since the fuel pump was made by AC in
the first place.  However, I don't know what to ask for.  You might be able
to ask a friendly counterman to let you hole up with his AC parts book for
a while and work out the cross reference.  If you do, let me know, because
I'm assembling a table of cross references for my MG web page.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net