Another Rolled Spridget

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Another Rolled Spridget
From: Deikis@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 23:03:47 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, since you brought it up....
I took my fake factory Sebring Midget to the VSCDA "Spring Brake" races at
GingerMan Race Way in South Haven, MI on the last weekend in May to try out my
trick winter project suspension mods.  Only the laws of physics conspired
against me and rolled me over in Turn 3 sliding me down the track on my nice
white hard top and into the grass.  All safety equipment-- helmet, rollbar,
five-point harness, and fuel cell did what they were supposed to and I walked
away (eventually) without so much as a black and blue mark.  On the other
hand, the Midget is now a roadster again.  The whole incident was a lot
rougher on my wife and dog, who were watching from Turn 2, than it was on me.
Was a bit hard on the car as well.  I had to take a Sawzall to the right front
fender to roll  it off of the trailer when I got home.  The neighborhood kids
were all impressed though.

The motto of the story is never underestimate the power of kinetic energy
stored in a leaf spring compounded by momentum.  I shall try NOT to do that
again.

So, I need a windshield and frame, and maybe a right front vent window
complex.  Also a couple of front fenders, headlight rims and maybe a front
valence.  Anybody got a parts car within shot of Michigan?  Let me know.

--John D.