Solution rusty screw heads

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Solution rusty screw heads
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:08:35 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Heres a tip you folk may want to give a try especially those who
attended Sprite Rush and all that glorious wet weather.
As I was trying to prep my car for Tanglewood I noticed that a lot of my
nice shiny chrome screws were rusting in the head where the screwdriver
goes in and remembered an old tip that worked for me in the past. Reach
over and grab that tube or tub of silver Anti-seize coat the tip of your
screw driver with it and insert it into the screw. Voila!!!  no more
rust and the screw looks as good as new, well at least the center of it.
This is certainly a lot easier than trying to dab silver paint in.
Why wait for it to rust try this when you put your new screws in.

If anyone can think of any drawbacks to this approach I'm sure you'll
let me know.

A portion of any cost savings attributed to this tip can be donated to
Sprite Spree in 2003 cause its never too early to start planning. :-)

Peter.
'59 Bugeye