Re: Wishbone Pan Nuts

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Wishbone Pan Nuts
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 21:39:09 -0400
Cc: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Actually, the wishbone (spring) pan bolts are under almost all tensile
load, and very little shear.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

----------
> From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
> To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
> Cc: Peter Samaroo <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>; spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> Subject: Re: Wishbone Pan Nuts
> Date: Friday, June 12, 1998 8:55 PM
>
> David Ramsey wrote:
> >
> > Are you sure grade 8 are the right bolts?  Grade 8 are for torqued
applications they are great for tensile and compressive stresses but are
brittle and have little resistance to shear stresses, which I think the
wishbone pan bolts have a  lot of.  Wouldn't grade 5 be better?