Adjusting Valves Midget 1500

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Adjusting Valves Midget 1500
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 00:32:22 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, I've managed to convince myself that I no longer have an oil
pressure problem -- thanks to all who offered help, advice, and etc!

Tomorrow, I am going to adjust the @#$%! valves:  Can anyone tell me what
size the crankshaft pulley nut is?  I'd like to hang a socket on it to
turn the engine with (though I suspect the rack will be smack dab in the
way).

Also, Is it possible to adjust valves on these things by any other method
than setting the clearance with a feeler gauge?  I know these are solid
lifters as opposed to hydraulic, but it sure would be nice if I could
just warm the engine up, remove the valve cover, and adjust as I would a
small block Chevy -- by ear!

In other news:  I traded off the "beat to death but runs, basic
transportation, but boy, is it ugly" '83 Mercury Gran Marquis for a '78
Chevy half-ton.  While running down some parts for it, I passed a BRG RBB
MGB near Big Lake Park in Council Bluffs, Iowa.  Good looking car;
could've been Molly's big sister....

Hope everyone has a grand and glorious weekend!

Rich