A tale of two dashes

To: Spridget mail list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: A tale of two dashes
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 00:43:50 -0700
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Oh list collective wisdom:

Has anyone out there ever tried to put an early '67 dash fascia on a
late '67 or later car?  The early steel dash had three mounting points
that the manuals show mount vertically through the lip of the body
(don't have my early '67 Sprite nearby to check) and the late "padded"
dash fascia has four mounting points that mount horizontally through a
turned down lip in the body.

Anybody have a "been there, tried that" to clue me in? (Frank, it seems
you have more of those than anybody)  Contemplating putting an early '67
dash into a late '67 car and wanting to know if it is possible, or if I
should just be happy with a cracked dash and an overlay to cover it.

Another question, does anyone know if the turn signal flasher relay is a
readily available item from your friendly neighborhood parts store, or
do I have to order one from the usual suspects?

 Thanks all,
Steve.
'79 Midget, 12 more days to legality
'67 Sprite, back on the road when?
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."