Re: Wheel bearings

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel bearings
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 22:59:15 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philp

You have to drift out the old bearing races.
A bronze drift is best but any large enough socket will work too.
If you do not have a socket or suitable drift, tap the races out using
what ever by alternating from side to side on the race.
If you did not smoke the bearings, they should come out with only
moderate use of a hammer.
Be sure the "thrust" side of the new bearings fase the inner spacer.
Both thrust sides (marked on new bearings) must face each other.

Good luck
Frank

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs