Re: Tires

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:27:10 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Just got my Bugeye wheels sandblasted at the local monument (grave, that is)
shop for $50.  Went over to my local tire store and got 155R13 Dunlop SR20's
for $29.95.  I had looked around locally for some 145's but could find none.
The 155's will be a big improvement that the 165's the PO put on back in
'82.  When I locked the front wheels, those old tires would rub on the bend
in the sway bar.  Put a nice groove on the inside face of them though ;7)

I'm painting the wheels right now.  Wish one could get cutting primer in a
spray can around here instead of the standard sandable primer.  I'm using
the Plasticoat "steel" color on them and will follow up with some clear
coats.

Frank, will your wife be out of town any time soon so I can use her oven to
cure them in.  My wife didn't think it would be one of my better moves to
try that at home.  The woman has no sense of humor.

Jeff Church