Re: Long trip

To: Stephen Oram <SJORAM@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Long trip
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 16:13:25 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 20 Jun 1998, Stephen Oram wrote:

> 1.      I've no spare wheel. I can't ever remember ever having a puncture
> but you never know. They want over $300 for one steel rim over here!!!!!!
> I'm thinking
> maybe pay the fines if anything happens. Does anybody know of a rim from
> another car
> that may fit the hole pattern? Just for an emergency to get to the next
> garage.

Stephen,
A while ago, someone posted a wheel compatibility list.  It included the
Opel Kadett which would be easy to find in Germany (it would be a B
Kadett, later Kadetts might be the same).  Another list member supected
that the Opel wheels had a 100mm bolt circle rather than the required 4"
bolt circle though, but for emergency use it might be OK.

> 2.      I want to put seat belts in but am having problems getting an
> inertia reel
> that doesn't need to be mounted vertically to unwind. The mounting points
> are all in the car
> so that's no problem. Any suggestions as to possible solutions from modern
> cars?

Later Midgets with inertia belts use a bracket bolted to the stock
mounting point that mounts the belt horizontal (the axis of the reel
parallel with the rear axle :-), the belt coming out straight forward
towards your shoulder blade.

                                                           '67 Sprite