Front Suspension Progress

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front Suspension Progress
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 19:16:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I spoke too soon about the wonderful service from Special Interest Car
Parts.  They had sent me the wrong brake rotors (wire wheels instead of
rostyle) and when I spoke with them on Friday at 8:30am they said they
would overnight the correct parts so I could have my whole Saturday and
Sunday to finish up my job.  No joy.  Didn't come.  Called at noon - where
are they?  "Oh, we were short on manpower on Friday and couldn't get all
the orders out."  I'd think you'd prioritize an overnight delivery to
correct a company error, but....

Shortening the story - they will call me on Monday and let me know the
deal.  So far can't find the parts to go out, can't find the tracking
number, can't find anything.  So, I end up wasting the day until about 3pm.

But, I did get my torque wrench and I've decided that I am just going to
get the front end back together with the old rotors so I can move the car
into the garage and continue working there.  The rain has been killing me
around here.

I got all the bushings in the driver's side and also did the wheel bearings
on that side.  I packed them with Castrol grease by smashing the bearings
against my palm filled with grease.  I tryed not to be stingy with the
grease inside the hub too.  Tomorrow, I'll put the springs back in both
sides, and the hub and wheel back on and push it into the garage.

Once in the garage, the balance of the day I will be doing the rear
suspension bushings.  It would be nice to get those done/near done so that
when the rotors come in I can change them and be done with the suspension
for now.

I couldn't drive in memory of Dick Criswell today, but I did work on the
beast and had a good time once I gave up on SICP.

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget