Re: Clutch release bearing

To: valntine@postoffice.ptd.net
Subject: Re: Clutch release bearing
From: rickb@brodynet.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 23:02:54 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

> The clutch release bearing has gone south on the 74.  A short squeal and
> then the clutch no longer engages.....or only engages about half way.
>
> Question - Did I read something about an upgrade for this release
> bearing, and if so, what are the particulars and where do I get the
> part???

Kevin,

I just put my '74 Midget back on the road after major steel, paint,
and engine work.  I installed a roller bearing release bearing from
MiniMania and it works very well.  I also put in a teflon braided
hose from Moss, and the combination feels very good.  The worst part
is getting the hydraulics bled again, but I found a technique that
seems to work.

Regards,

Rick Brodeur
'74 MG Midget daily driver (again)