Re: Part Number Cross Ref. list

To: GMari58175@aol.com
Subject: Re: Part Number Cross Ref. list
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:08:36 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
George...

Brilliant idea.  However, which numbers do you want to cross-reference?  Just
between The Mk I and Mk II Sprites?  Or do you want to include those parts that
can be cross-referenced and sourced from other makes?  If that is the case, I
have
the "British and Continential Car Parts 1961/62" parts catalog published for
Beck
Distributors.

This catalog has manufacturer parts numbers for the following:

    Hepolite pistons and rings
    Payen gaskets and oil seals
    Burgess silencers and tail pipes
    Thompson-Whiteley water pumps, tie rods, and universals
    Ferodo brake and clutch linings, fan belts
    Girling brake parts
    Lockheed brake parts
    Borg & Beck clutches
    Lee-Healey radiator hoses
    Ransome & Marles, British-Timken ball & roller bearings
    Lucas ignition
    Terry valve springs
    James valves and guides
    Vandervell engine bearings
    Wilmott ring gears
    Purolator oil filters

This 128 page catalog covers post-war cars to 1962 produced by Alfa-Romeo,
Austin,
Austin-Healey, Bentley, Borgward, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Hillman, Humber, Jaguar,
Jowett, M.G., Morris, Nash, Opel,  Peugeot, Renault, Riley, Rolls-Royce, Rover,
Simca, Singer, Standard, Sunbeam, Triumph, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, nand Volvo.  It
does not cover the Mk II Sprite or Midget.

I also have the 1976 and 1976 Sears Imported Car Catalog from the "good old
days"
when you could get a lot of your parts there.

If you want to use any or all of these, just let me know, and I will send them
off
to you.  (And I won't even require your first-born as a deposit.)

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California
Frogeyes AN 5L/762,  AN 5L/26893