Re: 72 Midget Shift Knob

To: chuckc@ibm.net
Subject: Re: 72 Midget Shift Knob
From: Mark van der Linden <MARK.VANDERLINDEN@ey.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:13:22 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi ChucK:

In my other car I once had a wooden stick shift knob. However, the lever was to
thin. I than decided to use one of those plastic plugs (in Europe we use them
after you drill a hole in the wall and before you put the screw in). I believe
they are different from the ones you have in the US with all the plaster walls,
but you never know.

Than, it fitted perfectly. I however do not know if this will work if the
internal threads of the knob have gone.

It's probably a 10 cents test.

Good luck,

Mark